Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Letters to our Daughters - July 15, 2014

Dear E,

Oh, what can I say about you?  You are so much more than words or pictures can ever describe.  I find as you get older, the harder it is to put my thoughts into words when it comes to you.


You are a force beyond words.  And yet, you are compassionate. 


You ask me regularly about the "owie in my tummy."  You want me to show you where it is, then shower me with kisses, and hugs, and pats on my owie and declare it's "all better now."


I love how you are finally showing that independent streak that I know you have and dressing yourself, and starting your own movies.  You've even tried to get your own breakfast and pour your own drinks.  As much as I fear the mess that brings, I am ever so proud of you wanting to try.


You take in the world around you with such abandon.  Nothing gets you down.  You are so full of "why's" and I don't have all the answers, but you are so determined to find them.


I can't believe how much time has passed since those days before you were such a part of my life.  You bring such joy to everyone you meet.


You are the very epitome of amazing.  And I love every little bit of you.

Please be sure to visit and see Nicole's letter to her daughter.

No comments: