Thursday, January 21, 2016

5 Months!

Wow.  I can't believe it's actually been 5 months since you entered our world.  It seems like just yesterday I randomly peed on a stick on the evening of day 28 on a whim.  (Which was just silly, since I didn't have 28 day cycles.  More like 50 day!)  You probably can't even fathom the amount of shock I had when I saw that second line show up.  Faint, but clear as day.  That was a little over a year ago now.  Not like it was unexpected, but I certainly didn't expect it then!

Now, 5 months in, I can't imagine life without you.  You are the perfect ending to our baby days.



You've completed our family and I couldn't imagine it any other way.

You've decided that standing is the only way to go.  I see your mind spinning behind your eyes as you take in everything your big brother and sister do and I can't help but thinking you can't wait to join them in their antics.  I only hope that as you all grow older, they will allow you to join in even with the age difference.

Your laugh is contagious and you give it freely to us.  Something as simple as your big brother getting face to face with you is enough to light up your eyes and spill that glorious sound.  I love, also, how your face is just so full of lines when you smile.  And those dimples.

You also seem to have decided that rolling over is just not something you like.  While you can go both ways, you just want to be on the go.  You can't wait to figure it out.  You are insisting on standing, never mind sitting. 


Napping and sleep, however, are not your strong suits.  You must be so afraid to miss something.  I can understand that during the day...but not at night.  Your momma would really appreciate if you could go back to just one a night wake ups. 

You are growing at your own rate, and I'm trying to let that go.  I don't know why the whole weight thing just hangs on like an unwelcome guest.  You are 12 lb 8 oz and seem to put on a pound a month.








Love you, baby girl.

No comments: